I got nominated for the Real Neat Blog award! Thank’s to the lovely Elizabeth Meg Wilson for the nomination.
Check out her blog, Scranshums, here. Its an interesting read on lots of different topics from St. Cuthbert to Terry Pratchett to Halloween Traditions. I think my favourite post so far is her 12 Books for Christmas which included books for all the family (part 1, part 2).
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.):
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
To answer the questions from Scranshums…
1) Where do most visits to your blog come from?
Unsurprisingly, the UK by a long shot. Other countries include USA, Italy, Philippines, Germany, Australia, Switzerland and Canada! An interesting mixture in my opinion!
2) Have you made a New Year’s Resolution, and kept it so far?
I have to say I don’t normally make New Year’s Resolutions…so no, I didn’t make one…
3) What is your favourite quote?
My favourite quote comes from the Bible, but its not one most people would think of! Its from the book Song of Solomon (or Song of Songs depending on your Bible translation).
Song of Solomon, Chapter 8, Verse 6-7.
“Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal upon your arm,
for love is strong as death,
jealousy is fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
the very flame of the Lord.
Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can floods drown it.
If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house,
he would be utterly despised.”
4) Where was the last place you travelled to in another country?
Currently working out when I last travelled to another country…I think it was when I went to India with the GirlGuides in 2008 (I tend to travel around the UK!). The last place we visited before heading home was Haridwar, its one of the 7 most holy places in India for Hindus. Its in the Himalayan foothills and so is quite hilly, we climbed up and could look out over the city. The River Ganges flows through Haridwar and its there that they perform the bathing rituals to wash away their sins. Its the point when the Ganges flows out of the Himalayas. When we went we watched one of the ceremonies in the evening and I’ll always remember the little candles floating away on the river.
5) What was your favourite book when you were growing up?
Swallows and Amazons. The whole series. I think ‘Peter Duck’ was my favourite of the series at the time, where they sailed away to Crab Island and went treasure hunting with Captain Flint.
6) Anything you wished you had learnt sooner?
Ironically (given my blog), I wish I’d learnt how to use a sewing machine sooner. I could made so many more things for myself and not have to worry about clothes shopping and whether something fits or not, because I can just make it to fit!!!
7) What are you going to eat for tomorrow’s breakfast?
Weetabix. Its tasty and gives me lots of energy!
Thanks to Liz for the award, my 7 questions for my nominees are:
- Where do most visits on your blog come from?
- Have you made anything you are really proud of? If so, what?
- What’s your favourite book at the moment?
- What’s your favourite quote that you think is really inspirational?
- What’s your favourite type of cake?
- What is your favourite song?
- Anything you wish you’d learnt sooner?
My nominees are:
I love reading both blogs and finding out the latest item they have been making! 🙂