Cloak with Pockets

So over the past few weeks I’ve been making several cloaks!  One of them had buttonhole fastenings, another was made using a velvet lining, but, the one I want to talk about today was one made with pockets for holding heavy objects.

I think it turned out well.  I made in the same way as the previous cloaks, except that I added an extra layer of strong material on each of the front panels to allow for holding the extra weight.  I also used flatfell seams to join these panels to the main part of the cloak because they are strong seams, and actually fairly easy to do, and I think they look good too!

Have some photos of the finished cloak!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s